POLL: Do You Enjoy Heat and Humidity?
Time to weigh in with your vote Bangor. Personally, it isn't even a debate for me, but I know plenty of people who love it.
In the next few days here in the state of Maine, we are about to get punched in the gut with a brutal stretch of very hot conditions. With temperatures in the low 90s and high, dangerous levels of humidity, it will be hell on earth for some or complete and total paradise for others.
One of my co-workers, I won't name names (Wayne Harvey from 92.9 The Ticket) absolutely LOVES these types of heat waves that we see from time to time. I mean like he literally gets excited about it. This makes no sense to me, because I loath it, but I've come to find over the years, especially from observing Facebook posts from friends, that lots of people love humid conditions. So, with all of this in mind, it seems like the perfect opportunity to take a poll to gauge the level of joy -- or disgust -- over this matter.
There are three easy choices. Love, hate, or indifference, So vote away and remember to take the following steps, when dealing with potentially dangerous heat these next few days.
- Stay hydrated with plenty of water
- Spend as much time in air-conditioned spaces as possible
- Check in with any elderly family or neighbors to make sure they're cool enough and taking precautions
- Make sure your pet is staying hydrated and limit their time outside
- Dress appropriately for the weather, with light-colored, loose-fitting clothes
- Use sunscreen whenever you go out and reapply as necessary
- Postpone unnecessary outdoor activities
- Limit children's time outside and keep them inside where it's cooler