Donation Boutique Opening In Brewer Really Is A Win Win Opportunity
A new store is opening today on South Main Street in Brewer puts a few spins on the classic thrift shop experience by benefiting the community in many ways.
Win Win is opening its doors at 338 South Main Street in Brewer, formerly Van Raymond Outfitters, and is a donation/thrift shop that will take your unwanted items and resell them. Here's the twist, a portion of the sale of all items will go to a non-profit in the Bangor area.
The model of the business is to help reduce waste by giving new life or extended life to the things you want to let go of in your home. When you go to donate your items, you can assign the items a particular organization, from a provided list, for a portion of the sale to be donated to. If items aren't assigned an organization a purchaser of the shop can pick an organization themselves.
It really is a win-win situation, a place to dispose of that unwanted bookshelf while being able to benefit a local charity that you you love and want to help.
This business really wants to focus also on the economic impact for the Bangor Area in which items bought here are sold here, which keeps money right in the community and builds a stronger local economy.
Here's their mission straight from their Facebook page:
- Donators win by having a convenient avenue for passing along items they no longer need that can be used by someone else. They feel good knowing a local charity of their choice will receive a portion of the sale while helping the environment at the same time..
- Shoppers win by having a pleasant shopping experience that offers quality goods at great prices. They too get that feel good feeling of knowing a local charity will receive a portion of the sale while helping the environment.
- Local charities win by receiving a portion of sales of donated items.
- The environment wins with a reduced load on local landfills. Reuse of goods saves energy and other valuable resources.
- The local economy wins by money being spent locally.
- Win-win’s owner and staff win by making a living for their families while benefiting donators, shoppers, local charities, the environment and the local economy.
We believe that business should be used as a force for good. We must be the change we seek in the world. Our business will consider the impact of our decisions on our workers, customers, community, and environment.
Doors open today!
Businesses We've Seen Close At the Bangor Mall