Z107.3 wants to take the time to give you a little more information about the artists that you hear all day, everyday on Bangor's #1 Hit Music Station.
This week we put the artist spotlight on Morgan Wallen.
REAL NAME: Morgan Cole Wallen
BIRTH DATE: May 13, 1993
WHERE FROM: Sneedville, Tennessee
CONNECTIONS: Diplo, Julia Michaels, Adam Levine, Usher, Jason Aldean, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan, Luke Combs,
TO THE POINT POINTS:
- Was offered a college scholarship to play baseball but got injured.
- As a child, took piano and violin lessons
- Competed in season 6 of the Voice in 2014. He didn't make it past the playoff round. He was originally chosen to be on Usher's team then stolen by Adam Levine for his team.
- In 2015, he signed to Panacea Records then, in 2016, signed to Big Loud Records.
- Was nominated for a 2019 CMT Music Award for Breakthrough Video of the Year for 'Whiskey Glasses'.
- Was nominated for a 2019 Country Music Association Award for New Artist of the Year.
- Is currently nominated for a 2020 Academy of Country Music Award for New Male Artist of the Year
All information obtained by Wikipedia.
Here is a tune that will sound familiar to you, the Z listener.
And maybe some that aren't so familiar...