Z107.3 wants to take the time to give you a little more information about the artists that you hear all day, everyday on Bangor's #1 Hit Music Station.
This week we put the artist spotlight on Ritt Momney.
REAL NAME: Jack Rutter
WHERE FROM: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
TO THE POINT POINTS:
- The song 'Put Your Records On' is actually a cover. The original artist is African American singer Corinne Bailey Rae.
- The song became a TikTok viral hit when used for a makeup tutorial that became very popular.
- Ritt Momney is actual an AKA name of solo artist Jack Rutter
- His name is a play on Mitt Romney, a Senator out of Utah.
- Rutter has caught some flak about covering this song since the original is song by a black woman speaking of her experience growing up as a black girl
- The name Ritt Momney was actually a name for Jack Rutter's original high school band. The other members left to become missionaries for the Church of Latter Day Saints.
- Recording the song 'Put Your Records On' was brought about by a bout of depression during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Covering the song, Rutter states, was a form of manifesting positivity during a negative time for society and was spur of the moment. It was recorded in his parents' basement at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
All information obtained by Wikipedia
Here is a tune that will sound familiar to you, the Z listener.
Here's the original song, for comparison:
Here's more from Ritt Momney that maybe some aren't so familiar to the Z peeps...