Z107.3 wants to take the time to give you a little more information about the artists that you hear all day, everyday on Bangor's #1 Hit Music Station.
This week we put the artist spotlight on Iann Dior.
REAL NAME: Michael Ian Olmo
BIRTHDAY: March 25, 1999
WHERE FROM: Arecibo, Puerto Rico; Corpus Christi, Texas
MUSICAL CONNECTIONS: 24kGoldn, Lil Baby, PnB Rock, Trippie Redd, Gunna, Travis Barker, Bernard Jabs, Y2K, Machine Gun Kelly, Poorstacy, Internet Money,
TO THE POINT POINTS:
- Iann was born in Puerto Rico and moved to United States at a young age
- The artist started creating music under a different name, Olmo
- Iann changed his musical name from Olmo to Iann Diorr in 2019
- Dior was discovered by music producers, Nick Mira and Taz Taylor. They worked for the label Internet Money Records
- Dior first started releasing music on SoundCloud
- Dior's first big song which generated a ton of plays on SoundCloud was his song 'Emotions'
- Another song released on Spotify was 'Gone Girl' which featured Trippie Redd and generated over 100 million plays on Spotify
- Iann Dorr's got on the Billboard Hot 100 for the first time in the summer of 2020 with 24kGoldn's 'Mood' and has since peaked at #1 on the Hot 100 chart
All information obtained by Wikipedia
Here is a tune that will sound familiar to you, the Z listener.
And maybe some that aren't so familiar...