Z107.3 wants to take the time to give you a little more information about the artists that you hear all day, everyday on Bangor's #1 Hit Music Station.
This week we put the artist spotlight on Jack Harlow.
REAL NAME: Jackman Thomas Harlow
BIRTHDATE: March 13, 1998
WHERE FROM: Shelbyville, Kentucky; Louisville, Kentucky
CONNECTIONS: Dababy, Tory Lanez, Lil Wayne, G-Eazy, Portugal the Man., Juice Wrld, CyHi the Prynce, K Camp, 2forOyNE, Taylor, Bryson Tiller, EST Gee, Johnny Spanish, Syk Sense, Vince Staples, the Homies, Ace Pro, Shloob, Quiiso, Ronnie Lucciano, J-Reid, Lil James, Sixteen, Skeme, Moose Gang, Private Garden
TO THE POINT POINTS:
- Harlow co-founded a music collective called Private Garden
- He is signed to both Generation Now and Atlantic Records
- Harlow began his rap career after moving to Louisville, Kentucky at the age of 12
- His mom is Maggie and his dad is Brian.
- Harlow started recording using a Guitar Hero microphone and a laptop.
- He and his friend Sharath recorded an album called Rippin' and Rappin' and sold copie at his middle school.
- At an early age he started a group called 'Moose Gang' with a bunch of his friends and recorded more songs that have yet to be released to the public.
- Harlow released some YouTube videos in high school, which got the attention of major labels.
- Released his first commercial album The Handsome Harlow in 2015.
- In high school, he played sold out shows and opened shows for artists at local venues.
- A year after graduating high school, Harlow performed at lots of national festivals including South by Southwest, Bonnaroo and Forecastle Festival in 2017.
- He went on a 14 city tour in November 2017 to January 2018 for 'Gazebo' E, then opened for Portugal the Man in May of 2018.
- Moved to Atlanta to pursue his music career in 2018 while working at the Georgia State cafeteria for an income.
- August 2018, he released his major label debut mixtape called Loose
- After releasing Loose, he went on tour to support the release.
- His big song 'Whats Poppin' was released in January 2020 with a video released directed by Cole Bennett, who has directed videos for other emerging artists like Juice Wrld.
All information obtained by Wikipedia.
Here is a tune that will sound familiar to you, the Z listener.
And maybe some that aren't so familiar...