Z107.3 wants to take the time to give you a little more information about the artists that you hear all day, everyday on Bangor's #1 Hit Music Station.
This week we put the artist spotlight on Gabby Barrett.
REAL NAME: Gabby Barrett
BIRTH DATE: March 5, 2000
WHERE FROM: Munhall, Pennsylvania
CONNECTIONS: Toby Keith, Keith Urban, Cole Swindell
TO THE POINT POINTS:
- Finished 3rd on season 16 of American Idol
- She released 'I Hope' as her debut single, which went to Gold status for selling 500k units and streams.
- Gabby has seven siblings
- Gabby started singing at age 9
- Songs that Gabby sang on American Idol includes a lot of country influences: Carrie Underwood, Sugarland, Lee Ann Womack, Miranda Barrett. Other songs, not so country: 'How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore?' by Prince, 'I Have Nothing' by Whitney Houston, 'Don't Stop Believin' by Journey.
- On American Idol, Gabby was judged by stars top 40 singer Katy Perry, country singer Luke Bryan, and singer songwriter Lionel Richie.
- Gabby has opened for Toby Keith, Keith Urban and Cole Swindell
- Her debut album Goldmine was released in June 2020
- Married fellow American Idol contestant Cade Foehner in the fall of 2019.
- Her debut song 'I Hope' became the first top 10 Hot Country Songs debuted solo as a woman since October 2017.
All information obtained by Wikipedia.
Here is a tune that will sound familiar to you, the Z listener.
And maybe some that aren't so familiar...