Z Artist Spotlight: BTS
Z107.3 wants to take the time to give you a little more information about the artists that you hear all day, everyday on Bangor's #1 Hit Music Station.
This week we put the artist spotlight on BTS.
GROUP MEMBERS' NAMES: RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V, Jungkook
WHERE FROM: Seoul, South Korea
INFLUENCES: SEo Taiji and Boys, Justin Bieber, Eminem, Nas, Kanye West, Drake, Post Malone, Charlie Puth and Queen
TO THE POINT POINTS:
- BTS is also known as the Bangtan Boys, literally means 'Bulletproof Boy Scouts'
- All seven of the guys in the boy band help write and produce a lot of the songs.
- They started as a hip hop group
- The group debuted their debut album in 2013, called 2 Cool 4 Skool
- Their first album to sell one million copies was released in 2016 called Wings
- They were the first K Pop group to receive a certification from the Recording Industry Association of America and to top the Billboard 200 in 2018.
- They are the best-selling group in South Korean history
- The boy band appeared in Time's 25 most influential people on the internet from 2017 - 2019 and Time's 100 most influential people in the world in 2019.
- BTS was the first K-pop group to perform at the American Music Awards and Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve in 2017
- The boy band launched a campaign with the Korean Committee for UNICEF called the 'Love Myself' campaign which focuses on funding social programs for preventing violence and supporting victims of violence.
All information obtained by Wikipedia.
Here is a tune that will sound familiar to you, the Z listener.
And maybe some that aren't so familiar...