8 Unforgettable Things To Do In Bangor With Your Bestie This ‘Galentines’ Weekend
If you want to do it up with the ladies this weekend, allllll weekend long, here are some options to à la carte your way through this loving weekend right in the Bangor area with your besties!
Fine meals, great live shows, and even some sports are on the docket this weekend in Bangor. Find what would be a great time with your favorite lady or two or six and get your 'Galentine's Weekend' on!
ALL WEEKEND: 3-Course Meal at 2 Feet Brewing
All weekend long up until Valentine's Day, you will be able to get in the $39 Valentines Weekend Dinner for 2 at 2 Feet Brewing. Here's what's on the menu:
- Shared appetizer: pesto bruschetta, siamese deviled eggs or Caprese
- Entrees (choose 2): Chicken Marsala with mashed Caribou russets; Bacon carbonara; or spinach & artichoke ravioli puff bake
- Shared dessert: Strawberry shortcake, dark chocolate torte, or red velvet twinkies.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11th
Drinks and A Show: Check out Isabelle Jonason at High Tide from 7 PM - 10 PM. Enjoy a cocktail with your ladies and get the feminine divine energy via a great local performer.
Painting, Sipping, Grazing, and Chocutering: Generations Boutique and Art Studio in Brewer is hosting a night of great art, great spirits, and fine snacks. The evening starts at 5:30. Full event info and registration link are available here.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12th
Take In Some Live Theater: Penobscot Theatre Company has live performances of Maytag Virgin. This show is a Maine premiere. For details about the show, including showtimes coming up for Sunday, February 13th, Monday, February 14th, and all the shows after, visit the Facebook Event page dedicated to this show.
Don't Be A Drag, Go Do Some Bingo: Visit the Penobscot Valley Country Club for trivia and bingo with one of Bangor's iconic queens, Priscilla Poppycock. The night kicks off at 6:30 PM. See the event on Facebook for more details.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 13th
UMaine Men's Basketball at the Cross Insurance Center: Check out the UMaine men's team take on the Stony Brook Seawolves at the Cross Insurance Arena. Get your tickets here for a get-together at a sporting event here in Bangor.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14th
A Special 4-Course Dinner In Downtown at the Tarratine: The posh Tarratine on Park Street in Downtown Bangor is offering a killer 4-Course meal. $75 per person and reservations only. Check out the Facebook page event set up for this special evening.
A Special Valentine's Day Menu at Utopia: Another multi-course meal is available at Utopia, the newest Bangor restaurant in the Queen City. $73 for this meal will get you a four-course meal with the following options:
- Starters options: Turkey bacon-wrapped scallops in Maine maple syrup; Squash bruschetta on toasted sourdough; dolmades (stuffed grape leaves).
- Soup and Salad options: French onion soup; butternut squash soup; arugula salad with roasted beef, dried cherries, goat cheese, candied pecans with lemon pepper vinaigrette; greek salad with mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, feta, olives, house vinaigrette.
- Entrees options: Harissa tofu, grilled mixed veggies, mashed squash; Stuffed chicken, mixed fresh herbs, turkey bacon, cheese sauce, vegetable of the day, roasted potatoes; scallops risotto, spinach, asparagus, mushroom; baked haddock, stewed tomatoes, onions, zucchini, eggplant, katamala olives.
- Dessert options: Chocolate cake, baked cherries, warm chocolate sauce; cheesecake with strawberry sauce; tiramisu.
There are plenty of options to have a weekend full of good times, good memories, and do it all with someone you love right near home in the Bangor area. Have a great 'Galentine's Weekend'!