New Urban Air Adventure Park Bangor To Open This Weekend
There was quite a bit of buzz last summer, when it was announced that a new Urban Air Adventure Park would be setting up camp in the old furniture storefront at the Airport Mall in Bangor. As we reported in a post last May, the new facility was going to offer families a chance to run, jump, swing and climb in about 42,000 square feet of space!
Construction started. Signs went up. Then COVID-19 hit, and everything seemed to halt to a stand-still.
Now that some time has passed, and many of the other businesses start to re-open across the state, the new Urban Air Adventure Park Bangor is getting ready to celebrate its grand opening this weekend.
According to their Facebook page, festivities will be taking place from 10AM to 10PM Saturday.
Obviously, the world being what it is right now, there are a lot of people nervous about joining rigorous activities in public. But, from the looks of it, the folks at Urban Air seem to have that covered. They are taking steps to make sure everyone can have fun, while keeping a safe distance and maintaining a clean and sanitized facility.
On their website, they outline the following Covid-19 protocols:
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Dedicated Sanitation Team Member on all shifts to wipe down frequently touched equipment
- Masks for all Team Members
- Temperatures taken of all staff and guests upon arrival
- Limited capacity on all attractions and at all tables
- Reserve and pay online ahead of time
- Touchless food service and ordering options in most parks
- Limited number of guests in park in two-hour increments where required by local authorities
For even more details on what Urban Air is doing to keep their customers safe, check out this video.
For more information on the new Urban Air Adventure Park Bangor location, click here for their website.