July 4 Fireworks Shows In and Around Bangor
Bangor's Fourth of July fireworks show draws thousands of people each year to the Queen City. Here's the rundown of what's going on in Bangor and the surrounding areas on Thursday, July 4, 2019.
- First, the day starts off with a pancake breakfast at the Brewer Auditorium. The breakfast runs from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Price: $6 for Adults and $3 for children.
- Then, it's time for the annual parade, which will start on Wilson Street in Brewer at 11 a.m. and end in downtown Bangor.
- The Chords for the Cure concert starts at 6 p.m. at Darling's Waterfront Pavilion featuring the Stone Doctors. Admission is free.
- Fireworks start at 9:30 p.m. on the Penobscot River.
If you find yourself closer to the coast, Bar Harbor also hosts a popular July 4 celebration featuring a craft fair, parade, lobster races, fireworks and more.
- The festivities start with a blueberry pancake breakfast at 6 a.m. at the Bar Harbor Athletic Field on Park Street.
- The parade starts at 10 a.m., followed by the seafood festival and the annual lobster races at 11 a.m.
- The Fireworks over Frenchman's Bay are set to start around 9:15 p.m.
Here are some other fireworks displays in the area:
- The city of Eastport will display fireworks at dusk on the waterfront on July 4. The display is part of a huge Fourth of July celebration in the city. (Seriously, if you haven't been to this one, check it out some year.) The U.S. Navy is sending the destroyer U.S.S. Jason Dunham DDG-109 and its crew to attend the massive celebration.
- Castine: Fireworks over the bay around 9 p.m.
- Blue Hill: Fireworks over Blue Hill Bay around 8:45 p.m.
- Southwest Harbor: Fireworks around 9 p.m. over the harbor.
- Searsport: Fireworks start around 9 p.m.
- Lincolnville: Fireworks around 9:15
- Camden: Fireworks begin around 9 p.m. over Camden Harbor.
- Deer Isle-Stonington: Fireworks around 9 p.m.
- Millinocket: Fireworks at the Rec complex around 9:30 p.m.
- Greenville: Fireworks around 9 p.m.
If you're setting off your own fireworks display, you may want to check to see if that stash of pyrotechnics will get you into trouble. See the full list of Bangor area towns that don't allow fireworks here.