Bangor Pride Is Looking for Nominees for the 2019 Rainbow Awards
Bangor Pride has opened up nominations for their Rainbow Awards where you can vote for people who are making a difference in specific ways for marginalized groups in our community.
Nominations are open until May 18th, 2019.
Here is the Facebook post the Bangor ME Pride Festival has put up announcing opening up nominations:
Categories include the following, based on the nomination form:
- Racial Justice- A person who is dedicated to advancements at the intersections of racial justice and queer justice.
- Immigrant Justice- A person who is dedicated to advancements at the intersections of immigrant justice and queer justice.
- Sexuality- A person in our community who embodies sexual empowerment and sexual health.
- Life- A person who has demonstrated a lifelong commitment to and passion for the LGBTQ+ community.
- Healing- A person who is dedicated to the health and wellness of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Sunlight- A person who represents bravery, courage, and determination in the LGBTQ+ community.
- Nature- A person who cultivates and stewards the relationship between the LGBTQ+ community and the earth.
- Art- A person whose creative expression represents the story of LGBTQ+ identity and experience.
- Harmony- A person who embodies compassion and nurtures relationships within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Human Spirit- A person who brings love, laughter, and life within the LGBTQ+ community.
Nominate someone now by visiting the Bangor ME Pride Festival facebook page.