Bangor Area Farms to Visit This Weekend for Open Farm Day
This weekend is a great free, family-friendly event happening across the state of Maine in conjunction with your backyard. Get your mud shoes on and get the kids packed up to visit your community's local farm.
It's a great event to get the kids out and learn about what happens at your local farm. This year is the 29th year of this event where you can learn about the agriculture of your area and get to know the products available right next door.
What can you expect at your local farm participating in the event? Hay rides, barn and field tours, samples, entertainment and mingling with the animals.
The day is scheduled to begin at 10 A.M. and end at 3 P.M.
Local Participating Farms
- Treworgy Family Orchards - Levant: Hours 12 P.M. - 4 P.M. Blueberry picking, tour the farm on a free hay ride and purchase ice cream and donuts at the Farm Stand.
- Carpentar Christmas Tree Farm - Springvale: 10 A.M. - 3 P.M. Self walk.
- Lone Spruce Farm - Dedham: 11 A.M. - 4 P.M. Demos, activity stations, samples, stand will be open for purchases.
- The Nancy Place Homestead - Orland: 9 A.M. - 7 P.M. Wild blueberry picking, baby chicks on display, 5 P.M. tour and chores, music and potluck.
- Knotty Goat Soapery - Winterport: 10 A.M. - 3 P.M. Dairy goat education, soap samples, soap purchasing.
- Toddy Pond Farm - Monroe: 11 A.M. - 4 P.M. Self tour; Cows, sheep, pigs, chickens and goats. Honeybee observation, farm store items for sale, local artisans with products including soaps, pottery, blacksmith items and coffee. Samples.
- Royer Valley Farm - Brooks: SAT 8 A.M. - 5 P.M./ SUN 3 P.M. - 5 P.M. Rabbits, poultry, hogs, farm store, honeybees, petting zoo, samples.
For more information about Maine's Open Farm Day, check out the Maine.gov website.