Z Artist Spotlight: Megan Thee Stallion
Z107.3 wants to take the time to give you a little more information about the artists that you hear all day, everyday on Bangor's #1 Hit Music Station.
This week we put the artist spotlight on Megan Thee Stallion.
REAL NAME: Megan Jovon Ruth Pete
BIRTH DATE: February 15, 1995
WHERE FROM: Bexar County, Texas
CONNECTIONS: DaBaby, Beyoncé, TA, Chance the Rapper, Nicki Minaj, Ty Dolla Sign, Normani,
TO THE POINT POINTS:
- She was the first female rapper on her label, 300 Entertainment.
- TikTok has really taken to her single 'Savage' and has gone viral. The app has influenced her career so much that her song, remixed to include Beyoncé, has reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Her mother was a rapper, under the name 'Holly-Wood'.
- Megan starting writing her own raps by age 16 after being around her mother's recording career as she grew up.
- She actually started garnering social media attention and a following following a viral clip of Megan in a rap battle while attending Prairie View A&M University.
- She calls her fans 'hotties'
- She went to Texas Southern University for health administration and was in her third year last year.
- Her first single 'Like A Stallion' was released in 2016 and produced by TA.
- Her alter ego is 'Tina Snow', a more raw version of Megan.
- 'Hot Girl' is Megan's song that is the opening for the HBO show 'A Black Lady Sketch Show'.
- She created and starred 'Hottieween', a horror series.
- Late last year, Megan was included in the 'Time 100 Next' list.
- She's had been nominated for 9 awards in 2019 and won 5 of them including: 2019 BET for 'Hot Ticket Performer' and 'Best Mix Tape', 2019 Billboard Women in Music Award for the 'Powerhouse Award', 2019 MTV Video Music Award for 'Best Power Anthem' for 'Hot Girl Summer', and 2019 Variety's Hitmakers Award for 'Breakthrough Artist'.
All information obtained by Wikipedia.
Here is a tune that will sound familiar to you, the Z listener.
And maybe some that aren't so familiar...