Our Bangor JCPenney Was Saved; Could There Be A Future Transformation For Our Location?
Did you hear about JCPenney closing stores? Luckily, our Bangor location is NOT on the list.
On Friday, USA Today reported that the retailer announced six store closings and a call center closing.
Bangor was not on the list, but what could the Bangor have feature in the future?
JCPenney is looking to change things up with their stores to try to turn their brick-and-mortar stores into a destinations that Amazon and other online retailers can't do - by remodeling stores and adding yoga studios, video game lounges, style classes and high-tech personalized dressing rooms.
Here's what JCPenney locations are closing:
- Missoula, Montana: Southgate Mall
- Valley Stream, New York: Green Acres Mall
- Raleigh, North Carolina: North Hills Shopping Center
- Akron, Ohio: Chapel Hill Mall
- Tulsa, Oklahoma: Tulsa Promenade
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Mrytle Beach Mall
- Call center in Lenexa, Kansas
JCPenney closed 27 stores in 2019. It has started to slim-up its merchandise to focus on apparel and related items and stop selling bigger priced/higher overhead items of appliances and furniture.
The closing date for these stores will be April 24th.