Mainers Give Advice On Camping And We Couldn’t Be More Proud
It's that time of year when we head out to the beautiful Maine woods for a relaxing rest in mother nature.
Let's put it my way.
It's time to go camping after...
- months of preparation (finding a campground, prepping the camping gear, coordinating all the peoples)
- hundreds of dollars spent to feed, protect and entertain the family during the 3 day trip
- arranging for someone to feed the pets while away at home, including a pregnant cat
- thinking of conversations to have with the extended family
- dreading missing out on getting stuff down around the house
- and, most importantly, finally deciding on accepting that a hangover will happen at some point during the trip or just don't even entertain the thought of touching alcohol (Probably the latter, boo)
We had to know what our Facebook followers and station listeners had for advice before I headed out to the deep woods of Maine, to make sure I'm as fully mentally prepared as I can be. We wanted to know what is essential to bring with you or what is one piece of advice that is a failsafe on a great camping experience in the Maine woods.
Here were our favorites- thank you to all that contributed!
ITEMS TO BRING
The MOST essential of the essentials
Good company ;)
... and more beverages
TIPS TO CAMP BY
Emphasis on fun
Surprising bug tricks
LASTLY, THERE'S ALWAYS ALTERNATIVES