Maine Discovery Museum Announces Summer Camp Programs
Yesterday, the Bangor-based nonprofit, the Maine Discovery Museum, announced some exciting news for the pandemic-weary kiddos out there. The Maine Discovery Museum announced on social media that they will be offering summer camp.
The camp will take place at their building in Downtown Bangor and be all about STEAM learning (Science, technology, engineering, art, and math).
The camp programs from the Maine Discovery Museum are mainly geared towards those 5 to 10 years of age. Most of the summer schedule will be dedicated to this age group, from July 6th to August 27th. Each week will feature a concentrated subject or theme with daily sessions on the weekdays from 9AM to 4 PM.
Here's a look at the themes coming up for the Maine Discovery Museum's 2021 camp program:
- Beastie Hunters: July 6th - July 9th
- Amazing Blue Planet: July 12th - 16th
- Rainbow Days: July 19th - 23rd
- You Built It: July 26th - 30th
- Dig This: August 2nd - 8th
- Habitat Heroes: August 2nd - August 6th
- River Raiders: August 9th - 13th
- Crazy for Cardboard: August 9th - 13th
- Wonder Lab: August 16th - August 20th
- All Play All Day: August 23rd - 27th
COVID-19 precautions are in place for all campers with masks expected to be worn by campers and museum staff to be fully vaccinated.
See all the details for the summer camps, including a downloadable brochure for summer camp 2021, at the summer camps page of the Maine Discovery Museum website. Ready to register your kiddo? Check out this link to get them registered.