Downtown Bangor Set to Start ‘First Fridays’ August 6th
The Downtown Bangor businesses have created a day for shopping, food and entertainment every First Friday of the month. Of course you can head down there any day but, 'First Fridays' will feature live performances, art shows, fun activities, special treats and great deals in Downtown Bangor on this special day of the month.
Downtown businesses are launching 'First Friday' August 6th will a full line up of great experiences for all of the senses. Here is what is planned for the First Fridays in August happening August 6th:
- Art Show at Birds & Bones Studio by artist Lauren Martin. Located at 34 Main Street between 10 AM and 6 PM
- Jean Savage with Bodywise Pilates, watercolors and acrylic between 4 PM - 8 PM at 96 Harlow Street, Suite 118
- Creation of a kindness wall at Solstice Nutrition ready for you to help add to the mural between 6 AM and 7 PM at 73 Main Street
- Art show at West Market Square Artisan Coffee by artist Jon Tanner located at 24 Broad Street
- Ceilidh musical at 2 Feet Brewing. Bring an instrument or sing along from 11 AM to 9 PM. Social gathering at 5 PM under the tent, located at 80 Columbia Street.
- Yoga on the waterfront from Omland Yoga and L.L. Bean from 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM at the Waterfront Park.
- Live performance from Releve Dance Center
- Story slam and drink specials at West Market Square Artisan Coffee at 24 Broad Street
- Enjoy pop-up specials and refreshments at Valentine Footwear from 4 PM - 6 PM at 115 Main Street
Keep up-to-date with 'First Fridays' on Facebook by checking out the event page.
We love our Downtown can appreciate the ebbs and flows that our local businesses have had to endure. Take a look at the transformations of not only Downtown Bangor but areas all over the Queen City in this gallery of 25 'Then and Now' Bangor locations archived by Google Maps and capturing the changes we've seen around Bangor since 2007.