Did You Know These Stupid Maine Laws? [VIDEO]
We have all broke at least one of these
To say that there are some downright wacky laws in the books in this country would be an understatement, and The Pine Tree State is no exception. I'm not sure why you would want to bite your landlord, or catch a lobster with your bare hands, but to each their own.
"Crush It TV" host, Aly lists off a few from Maine, but there are plenty more where that came from!
- It's illegal to bite a landlord under any circumstances?
- It's illegal to park your horse “up wind” on a windy day?
- It's illegal to blow one’s nose in public?
- It's illegal to tickle a woman’s chin with a feather duster?
- Did you know that shoelaces must be tied while walking down the street?
- Did you know that advertisements may not be placed in cemeteries?
- Did you know that deer may not be fed?
- Did you know that dog leashes may not be over eight feet in length?
- It's illegal to park in front of Dunkin Donuts?
- It's illegal to spit from any second-story window?
- Did you know that no person may roller skate on a sidewalk?
- It's illegal to gamble at the airport?
- It's illegal to walk down the street playing a violin?
- It’s illegal to catch lobsters with your bare hands?
- It's illegal to clean salmon along Maine’s upper Kennebec River?
- It's illegal to sell a car on Sunday unless it comes equipped with plumbing?
- Did you know that after January 14th, you will be charged a fine if your Christmas lights and decorations are still up?
It's hard to imagine these crazy laws being enforced by any police department, but never say never. Just in case you were wondering, here a few of our favorites: