Bucksport Becomes ‘Ghostport’ On October 21st
Year '13' is here! Get ready for a scary good time in Boogie Bucksport!
This is such an exciting time of year. Fall truly is the best, because there are so many Halloween-themed events that take place all across the state of Maine, and there is no place that makes you think of all things spooky, like the town of Bucksport!
Bucksport is home to the Cursed Tomb of Colonel Buck. The "tomb" features a mysterious stain, which is an image of a woman's stocking-clad foot, or maybe a boot. The leg stain on the memorial, came about when Colonel Buck burned a witch and her leg rolled out of the bonfire.
One of Maine's greatest spooktacular days is almost here! Be sure to mark your calendar for Bucksport's 13th Annual Ghostport celebration is happening, on Saturday, October 21st, from 10am-7pm.
Ghoulsport takes place in Downtown Bucksport and includes a Paranormal Parade, Trunk-Or-Treat, food & craft vendors, a Halloween dance, ghost stories, and a ton of games and activities for kids of all ages.
- Spirited vendors will be lined up all along the Bucksport Waterfront Walkway, and on Main Street.
- Make a craft and get a treat at the Buck Memorial Library.
- Join the Trunk-or-Treat event right at the marina on the water. Contact The Bucksport Recreation Department, if you want to pass out candy.
- Show off your creative skills in the carved pumpkin contest put on by Bolt Fabrics and Edward's Bakery, or skip the carving altogether and launch your pumpkin into the Penobscot using our trebuchet.
- Bring your little Ghoul to BookStacks for a spooky story.
- Enjoy a "just scary enough" free movie, thanks to the Alamo Theatre
- Right as the sun sets, don't miss the family friendly dance in the Seaboard Federal Credit Union's Spooky Shelter, in front of the Bucksport Historical Society. The shuttle bus will go from Main Street to 2023 Fright at the Fort, from 5 until 8:15 PM