Man Bitten Taking Rattlesnake Selfie Gets Equally Painful $150,000 Hospital Bill
If you've heard it once, you've heard it a million times: don't ever take a selfie with a rattlesnake.
What's that? You say you've never heard that? That's probably because it seems like common sense. Well, it wasn't for this guy and it cost him dearly.
San Diego resident Todd Fassler was bitten by a rattlesnake when he tried to take a selfie with the creature. The hospital bill for nursing him back to health? No, biggie, just $150,000. Perhaps not surprising, Fassler says he once owned a rattlesnake.
Why the insanely high cost? It turns out most of his bill was for anti-venom, which he needed so much of that two hospitals nearly ran out of giving it to him.
Take a look at his bill below. He may want to start a GoFundMe page to pay the bill, assuming people feel badly enough for a guy who thought it'd be cool to snap a photo with a rattlesnake.