NE Patriots to Fly 4 Maine Healthcare Workers to Super Bowl
The New England Patriots and Team Owner Robert Kraft are treating four vaccinated Maine healthcare workers to an all-expenses-paid trip to the Super Bowl.
What an amazing gift to give these dedicated medical professionals who are on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Kraft family is not only sending these four healthcare workers to the game, but they're flying them there on the New England Patriots team plane, and picking up the tab for all expenses.
Governor Janet Mills made the announcement this week, after picking the four winners of this amazing prize from a group of vaccinated workers who had applied to receive it. She expressed her gratitude to the Kraft family for such a special gift, which was also given to the governors of Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
The four winners from Maine are:
- Joe Looper, Emergency Department Nurse at Northern Light Mercy Hospital
- Cathy Bean, Manager of Clinical and Community Health Services - Northern Light Home Care & Hospice
- Lisa Ireland, Registered Nurse at RiverRidge Center
- Patrick Keaney, Pulmonary Physician at Mid-Coast Hospital
In addition to the tickets and flight, the four will receive:
- Transportation from Gillette Stadium to Logan Airport with police escort
- A ticket to the NFL TikTok Tailgate concert headlined by Miley Cyrus exclusively for vaccinated healthcare workers
- A 2-night complimentary hotel stay provided by XSS Hotels
- A Patriots gift bag
- A $100 VISA gift card to spend at the game
Congratulations to the winners. We're all jealous of your Super Bowl trip, and grateful for the work and dedication that you, and all other Maine healthcare workers, display on a daily basis.