Man Dies in Essex Street Fire in Bangor
UPDATE: Bangor Police: Man Discovered at Essex Street Fire Was Homicide Victim >>GO TO STORY>>
A man died Friday after being discovered a in smoke-filled home on Essex Street in Bangor.
Shortly before 8 a.m., Bangor fire crews responded to a report of smoke and a fire alarm at 258 Essex Street. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered a fire in the kitchen and the residence full of smoke. Crews also discovered an unconscious adult male in the residence.
The man, whose name was not provided, was taken to Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
A post-mortem examination will be conducted over the weekend.
This incident remains under the investigation.
Get our free mobile app