The Kid Laroi’s Bangor Concert Not Happening Thursday; Rescheduled
Pop music fans in eastern Maine woke up to some disappointing news this morning; a concert many folks were looking forward to attending Thursday, has been postponed.
This past September, it was announced that Australian superstar, Kid Laroi, would be playing the Cross Insurance Center in Bangor on November 17, as part of this "Campus Takeover Weekend" tour.
That will no longer be happening.
According to the Cross Insurance Center, without too much explanation, the show has been rescheduled to take place this coming spring.
"The Kid LAROI is rescheduled to Saturday, March 25th, 2023. All purchased tickets for the original date will be honored at the rescheduled show."
This is not the first time Laroi has changed the schedule of this tour. This past June Laroi postponed some Australian tour dates due to illness.
Laroi was supposed to perform with a special guest, Maine native C-DOT 416. We reached out to C-DOT and he said he didn't know much about what the date was changed, just that the date had been moved to March.
We've reached out to the Cross Insurance Center for comment, but have yet to hear back.
Many expressed their frustration with the situation on the Cross Insurance Center's Facebook post comment section, stating that this situation was reminiscent of other recent rap shows that have been canceled at the venue. Last November, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie failed to show up for an event that was scheduled at the Cross Center, only to have to reschedule for the next month.
While the venue says all the purchased tickets will be honored for the rescheduled date, they don't mention anything about refunds.
You can find out more about the show by clicking here.