One person was taken to the hospital and three pets died Saturday night after a fire in Caribou.

“Sparking from an Outlet”

The Caribou Fire & Ambulance Department said the fire started around 8:53 pm at 16 Hancock Street. “Cause is determined to be from an electrical malfunction, sparking from an outlet.”

Fire Extending Upstairs

“Crews found fire in the first floor of the building, extending upstairs.” The fire was contained to the first floor and the stairwell, said CFAD. 

One Person Hurt and Three Pets Died

One person had smoke inhalation and was taken to the hospital. Three pets died in the fire. Firefighters were on the scene for close to an hour.

Building is Uninhabitable

The Red Cross was on scene to care for other tenants in the building. The structure was deemed uninhabitable.

WBZN Old Town Maine logo
Get our free mobile app

VHS Tapes That Sold For Shocking Amounts of Money

These VHS tapes recently sold for hundreds of even thousands of dollars.

LOOK: How Many of These Iconic '90s Shampoos Do YOU Remember?

Salon Selectives. The OG Herbal Essences. Vidal Sassoon. The '90s was stacked with radical haircare options, and we want to know how many of these classic shampoos you remember.

Gallery Credit: Meg Dowdy

More From WBZN Old Town Maine