Fire in Bar Harbor Tuesday Night September 24th
The Bar Harbor Fire Department was toned out on Tuesday night, September 24th for a reported structure fire at 120 Schooner Head Road. The residents saw smoke from what they believed to be a lightning strike to the chimney.
When firefighters arrived, they determined that the smoke in the attic was in fact from a fire in the dryer vent. The plastic vent had burnt and the smoke had gone into the eaves.
Ellsworth and Mount Desert Fire assisted on the mutual aid call, with Orland covering Ellsworth.