Bangor Road Closures For Corporal Eugene Cole’s Funeral
Bangor Police say several roads will be closed on Monday afternoon for Corporal Eugene Cole's funeral at the Cross Insurance Center.
Law Enforcement agencies from across the country, as well as federal bureaus are expected to attend the funeral that's scheduled to begin at noon on Monday, May 7th. Somerset County Sheriff's Deputy Corporal Eugene Cole died in the line of duty last week. He had spent 13 years with the department and was close to retirement when he was shot to death in Norridgewock.
Bangor Police Sergeant Wade Betters said in a media release that anyone traveling in the Main Street area on Monday should expect heavy traffic, repeated stops, and an increase in pedestrian traffic between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 a.m., and then again between 2:30 p.m. and 4 p.m. Drivers are encouraged to pay attention, give themselves extra time to get to their destination, and be patient. And, if at all possible, avoid the area altogether.
The following are road closures and adjustments for Monday:
- Buck Street will be closed from Main Street to Third Street at 7:30 a.m.
- Buck Street MAY be closed from Third Street to Seventh Street at 10:00 a.m.
- Bass Park Boulevard will be closed at 7:30 a.m.
- Main Street (in front of the Cross Insurance Center) will be briefly closed at approximately 11:00 a.m. - traffic will be redirected via a detour
- Overnight parking will not be permitted at Bass Park or Cross Insurance Center from Sunday, May 6th to Monday, May 7th.
Visiting hours will be held in Skowhegan on Sunday, May 6th, prompting road closures there, as well.