Bangor Public Library To Bring Back In-Person Children’s Programming In September
After many months, the Bangor Public Library is bringing back a little sense of normalcy with in-person programming for kids and teens in the Bangor area. With the exception of universally required masking at the library, the return of programming for kids brings back a little normal for Bangor area kids.
Tons of in-person activities are coming back to the Bangor Public Library with their regular programming that has been, up until now, hampered by the pandemic. Starting Monday, September 13th, weekly programs specific for younger kids and regular programs specific for older kids and teens will be offered again through Bangor's Public Library.
The weekly offerings for the kids at the Bangor Public Library include great ways to stretch those young minds (babies to Grade 5) and experience some fun learning opportunities all week long.
- Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead - Mondays 11 - 11:45 AM and 4 - 4:45 PM. Exploring story time focused on STEAM subjects. Targeted for kids in Grades K - 3.
- Tuesday Tales - Tuesdays 11 - 11:45 AM. Stories, crafting and games with Maryann. Targeted for kids ages 4 - 8.
- The Kids Kitchen - Tuesdays 3:30 - 4:15 PM. Hands-on kitchen safety and cooking basics. For Grades 3 - 5
- Bouncing Baby Story Time - Wednesdays and Thursdays 10:15 - 10:35 AM. Singing, clapping and singing with Miss Megan. Targeted for babies up to 24 months and their caregivers.
- Tiny Tots - Wednesdays and Thursdays 11 - 11:30 AM. 30 minutes of stories, games and songs. For ages 2 - 4.
- Lego Club - Thursdays 4 - 4:45 PM. Free LEGO play! Targeted to grades K - 5th
- ABC Story Time - Saturday 11 - 11:30 AM. Books, songs and games to build listening skills, social skills and early literacy. Targeted to ages 3 - 6.
- Teen Advisory Board - First Wednesdays of each month, 4 PM. Have a say in the library's offering for Young Adults, new programming and more. Targeted to Grades 6 - 12.
- Teen Game Night - Second Wednesday of the month, 4 PM. Board games, card games, electronic games and improvisational games. Targeted to Grades 6 - 12.
- Teen Crafternoon - Third Wednesday of the month, 4 PM. Crafting projects.
- Teen Writing Club - Every other Friday, 4 PM. Discuss stories, poetry, screenplays. Targeted to Grades 6 - 12.