Acadia Winter Festival Event Schedule for February 8th – 10th
A great festival to enjoy the outdoors of your Maine winter is set for February 8th - 10th with the Schoodic Institute at Acadia National Park and their Acadia Winter Festival.
This 3 day event will offer informational programs set to educate and inspire you to enjoy the Maine outdoors in Winter Harbor on the Schoodic Peninsula.
You can even think of it as a retreat since lodging and meals will be available.
Expect many free programs and workshops when registering for some fun events.
Many programs and workshops are free. Some require registration as space is limited. Others and those with meals do have a fee, and with limited space. Don’t miss out! Register for all today!
Here's what to expect and when at the 2019 Acadia Winter Festival!
Friday, February 8
- 1:00-3:00. Wintering Waterfowl. Birding with Seth Benz on the Schoodic auto loop. $20 /person, Limited to 12.
- 3:15-5:15. Seed in your Feeders. Feed your backyard birds! Seth Benz presents. Wright Hall. Free.
- 5:30. Dinner Theater. Hope Lewis, Northeast Storytellers in Schooner Commons. Baked Ham supper. Discounted winter festival meal rates $12, $8 children under 10
Saturday, February 9
- 7:00- 8:30 Breakfast. Eggs Benedict or Veggies Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce, Fruit Salad, Yogurt. Discounted winter festival meal rate – all ages $8.00
- 8:00-10:00 Winter Nature Walk. Seth Benz, Hannah Webber, Nick Fisichelli lead this ecology hike. Dress for the weather. Free.
- 10:00-3:00 Painting with Wool Audra Christie Moore $50.00 (class breaks for included lunch)
- 10:00 – 3:00 Build a Quinzhee Snow Shelter option to spend the night in it too! Chuck Whitney leads outdoor workshop. $10.00
- 11:30 – 1:00 Bag Lunch. $8.00 Our “bag lunch” option invites you to select soup and/or sandwich, chips, beverages and freshly baked dessert all set out buffet style in the lobby of Moore Auditorium. Join friends and neighbors for a winter related film (see below) during lunch in our state of the art auditorium. Discounted winter festival meal rate – all ages.
- 11:00-2:00 Ice Sculpture Demonstration by Sub Zero Ice Carving. Outside Moore Auditorium. Free.
- 12 Noon -1:00 Film: Into Twin Galaxies. Free. With Bag lunch/hot soup cost is $8.00
- 1:00-4:00 Nature Journaling with an outdoor component. Dress for the weather. Tanya Rucosky $30.00
- 1:00-2:30. A Child’s Introduction to Mammals of Maine. Animal Pelts and more with Tomas & Mya Dundzila. Free.
- 2:30-4:00. Feathered Friends. Patrick Kark, ANP Campus Host leads this fun outdoor workshop for all! Free.
- 4:00-5:30. “From Block of wood to a Belted Kingfisher” Bird carving demo by Ed Hawkes. Schooner Dining Room. Wine & Cheese. Free
- 5:30-7:00. Dinner. Pasta bar with garlic bread and salad. Schooner Commons. Discounted winter festival meal rates $12.00 Adult. $8.00 kids 10 & under
- 7:00-8:00. Lecture: Old Bucket Nose – Icon of the North Woods. Lee Kantar, State Moose Biologist will discuss aspects of moose biology and management in Maine. Free.
Sunday, February 10
- 7:00-8:30. Breakfast. Waffle bar with sausage. Discounted winter festival meal rate – all ages $8.00
- 9:00-12 Noon. Outdoor Dutch Oven Cooking. Ed Pontbriand leads this popular workshop. This program includes lunch. $25.00
- 9:00 – 3:00. Capture the Moment Photography Workshop. Brent Ander Photography leads this workshop. Lunch is included. $75.00
- 10:30-11:30. Winter Scavenger Hunt. Tomas Dundzila leads this outdoor children’s activity . Free
- 11:30-1:00. Lunch. Chili and hotdogs with all the fixings! Discounted winter festival meal rate – all ages. $8.00.
- 1:00-3:00. Matinee: Smallfoot w/ popcorn! Free.
- 1:00-3:00. Make felted balls for decorations or accessories. Audra Christie Moore leads this workshop. $20.00
- 3:00-4:30. Ice Cream Social. Free and open to the public!
To register and learn about sponsorship opportunities, call (207)288-1310.