The Netflix Guide to Being Single on Valentine’s Day
Your lover may leave you, but Netflix wont!
Valentine’s Day falls on Friday which means love birds will flaunting their gross, lovey doveyness, EVERYWHERE! It might be a great night to put a bottle of wine to the face and enjoy copious amounts of video streaming. No matter your view on V-Day, I compiled a list for your solo evening.
If your skeptical about love:
- Mad Men – We need no further proof that love doesn’t last other than Don Draper.
- Walking Dead – The zombie apocalypse can create weird love triangles, as seen in early seasons. Luckily for us single folks, in later seasons we get watch those love birds get eaten by flesh eating corpses.
- 30 Rock – Liz Lemon tends to date A LOT of losers. That’s why she chooses her couch and night cheese over a date.
- House of Cards – Frank ONCE said he loved Claire ‘more than sharks love blood.’ Awww!!!! Yah, no. This show, shows no love. A new season starts on Valentine’s Day too.
If you’re heartbroken:
- New Girl – Has anyone on that show not suffered extreme heartbreak? Better question: Is there an episode where someone isn’t dumped?
- Arrested Development – Because it could be worse…you could’ve fallen in love with your cousin.
- Ghost – Because it could be even more worse…your lover could be shanked by a mugger.
If you’re a romantic at heart:
- Parks and Rec – Because Leslie and Ben are the cutest couple on TV. And Ron Swanson is the man.
- The Office – Workplace lovin’ at it’s finest and wackiest.
- Scrubs – How long has it been since you’ve watched an episode of Scrubs? It tends to vary between love and loss, which I think is a nice verity of pukey loveness and sadness.
- The Entire ‘Romantic Films’ Category – Netflix always has a well stocked category with everything, love!
Please keep in mind if you mix wine and some of these titles, you might have a 2AM ‘Why am I single?’ Facebook meltdown…