The Maine Kid’s Summer Bucket List Is HERE! [LIST]
Summertime for kids in Maine is full of adventure and relaxation. In a few months, they'll be back in the classroom and hitting the books. It's the perfect time to make a list of things to do and experience to live up the free time of summer and we want to help you with that list.
We took some great suggestions from our followers on what to include in the 'Maine Kid's Summer Bucket List' and here are some items to start your kid's list or to add to what they've got already.
1. Dance to live music on the Bangor Waterfront
2. Visit the Moxie Festival
3. Get a selfie with the Duck of Justice
4. Care for a Bangor Humane Society dog for a day
Check out Bangor Humane Society's "Dog's Day Out" program where you can take a dog out of the shelter for a day.
5. Pick strawberries
6. Toast a marshmellow
7. Volunteer/ raise money for a local charity
Here are some volunteer opportunities for kids at Volunteer Maine.
8. Write/ illustrate a short story
9. Take a picture of a bird at Orono Bog Walk
10. Get an ice cream cone with 3 scoops
11. Make a new friend
12. Catch a bullfrog
13. Visit a local fair
Here is a full list of fairs in Maine from Untamedmainer.com
14. Live it up at Funtown Splashtown
15. Take a picture at a lighthouse
Here is a list of Maine lighthouses, separated by region, from visitmaine.com.
16. Find a new beach to visit
17. Have a picnic at a park
18. Go to the drive-in
19. Watch the sunset
20. Swim in the ocean
21. Run a 5k
22. Paint a picture of a Bangor landmark
23. Do some whale watching
24. Go on a nature hike
25. Visit the York's Wild Kingdom Zoo
26. Touch a cannon at Fort Knox
27. Have a water balloon fight
28. Scavenge for a gem stone
Is there anything you would add to the list? Share it with us in the comments!