Safety Fair Will Include Texting & Driving Simulator
A safety fair on Saturday will feature emergency vehicles, hot dogs, ice cream, and a texting and driving simulator. Proceeds from the day will help keep Mainers safe from fire.
Sam's Club is hosting its first Safety Fair on Saturday in the store's parking lot on the Haskell Road in Bangor. From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., folks can munch on Red Hot Dogs cooked on the grill, enjoy some ice cream, and tour all the safety displays. Included will be:
- A State Police K-9 Unit
- Orrington Fire Department will have their New Fire Truck
- Veazie Police will be performing certified Child Safety Seat Checks
- Old Town Fire Department will have their Hazard House
- AT&T will have a Texting and Driving Simulator
- Hermon Fire Department will have one of their Fire Trucks
- Levant Fire Department will feature a Smoke House
- Glenburn Ambulance will be conducting free Blood Pressure Checks
- Liberty Mutual will be talking Bike Safety
In addition to all this, the kids can visit with Smokey the Bear and Sparky the Fire Dog! All the proceeds will be spent on batteries for all participating fire departments to distribute to families needing them for their smoke detectors. Lots of fun and information for a great cause!