My tummy tuck and thigh lift is just TWO WEEKS from today! I'm not going to lie, I'm getting a little nervous at this point. I'm scared of the pain and recovery mostly.

I do feel much better today though because yesterday I went to see Dr. Branch for my pre-op appointment. We went over the list of medications and restrictions between now and my surgery, what the prep for surgery will be like, etc.

Another thing we went over is about plication. Plication is the tightening of the muscles in my abdomen. Dr. Branch doesn't think I really need that. He thinks that my stomach muscles are actually pretty good and my only real issue is the extra skin from being heavy before.

I had it in my mind that I would do that after my last visit with Dr. Harrington. She seemed to think that if I'm going through this whole process that I should get rid of the little muscle separation I do have. Maybe that's a woman thing? I kind of agree with her! Obviously I want to be able to have abs (or something close to it! HA!)

See, if I do the plication, it will give me a little better definition and I feel like I'll have a better ability to have stronger stomach muscles going forward. It does come with extra discomfort and restrictions though. If I decide to do it I will not be able to lift more than 20 lbs for three months! (Who wants to help carry my groceries up my stairs until September??? HA HA!)

The doc tells me that he thinks I'll be in 50% more pain and only have about a 5% better result. That doesn't sounds very intriguing does it? However, I think I'm going to speak with the other doc in the practice, do a little more research and thinking before I make a final decision.

It's not about cost. I've already paid for the surgery! The price will remain the same whether I do the plication or not. Part of me feels that if I invested all this money and am going to go through this recovery process anyway, I should do it. Why not try to get the best result possible?

Ah! I'm so torn about this one. I guess the good news is, I don't have to make a final decision today. I have two weeks to think about it! Any opinion? I'm eager to hear what YOU WOULD DO if you were in my shoes!

Comments welcome!

Thanks again for the love and support!