New iPhone Out Soon – World Stops Turning
iPhone fever is back! The latest gadget from Apple has got folks in a frenzy to pre-order the phone.
Yesterday at a press conference in San Francisco Apple CEO Tim Cook introduced the world to iPhone 5. My roommate watched the press conference with his face 3 inches from the screen of his Apple Macbook Pro…ADDICT! I have to admit even I (I’m not so tech savy) was impressed with the presentation of the amazing new iPhone.
The phone has been designed to fit in your hand better while being thinner and lighter than the previous iPhones. While being thinner and lighter, Apple has made the phone’s display larger! The impressive 4 inch display is taller, not wider. The phone is made entirely of glass and aluminum.
The feature I was impressed with was the new camera. The iPhone 5 has a new feature allowing you to take a panoramic shot. For an example, I love to hike. At the top of a mountain there is no way you can fit all of the landscape into one picture. With iPhone 5 you simply move the camera across the landscape and the phone will merge all the pictures into one stunning photo! SO COOL!
- all software has been updated
- all apps updated to fit the screen; they’ll be centered until re-sized by the developer
- faster wireless
- the touch has been integrated with display with LTE
- better speakers and microphones
- 1080p HD video
- the 8-megapixel camera now has a panorama feature built in
- wide-band audio makes voices sound much more natural
- a new A6 chip
- longer battery life
- a new connector and dock
- a new, native maps app; i.e., no more Google Maps
- new mail features include VIPs
- passbook, which allows you to put passes, tickets and coupons on one app.
- photo streaming updates to share photos directly with friends
- Siri updates: sports scores, movie recommendations, direct posting to Facebook, coordination with Open Table, less delay
- comes in white (an aluminum finish called silver) or black (aluminum finish called slate)
Pre-orders for the iPhone start tomorrow (sept. 14) and will ship September 21.