Justin Bieber + Drake Bell Update: Actor Reveals What Really Went Down at Release Party
The “beef” between Justin Bieber and actor/singer Drake Bell seemed to hit its apex on Thursday night (April 17), when Biebs finally responded to Bell’s repeat digital disses by doing a drive-by of Bell’s record release party in L.A., stealing the spotlight. Bell replied on Twitter in a semi-sarcastic way and has now spoken out about the situation, saying there is no beef while sharing what really went down.
During a Fox News interview (quotes via E!), Bell stated his view that the beef is non-existent. “I don’t think there is anything going on between us,” he said. “I think I’ve joined with most celebrities and have said a couple of opinions on there [Twitter]. I don’t think the Beliebers have liked it very much.” (Seth Rogen also voiced his opinion about his fellow Canadian, FYI.)
So it appears that Bell considers the feud to be with Beliebers who take issue with his comments about their hero. To be fair, Bell did go on the offensive and mounted multiple Twitter criticism campaigns.
He also said, “There’s no war. There’s no real beef or anything like that.” Okay, so are Biebs and Bell going to shake hands and call it a day?! Who knows.
Now, as for what happened at Bell’s event last week?
Bell intimated that The Biebs tried to attend the party, but since it was a 21-and-over event and The Biebs is 20, he was denied entry. “I was changing my clothes [at the time], I didn’t know he was there,” he said. “That pic [that Bieber posted on Instagram] is actually as Justin was leaving.”
Remember, The Biebs’ version of events suggests that he did a drive-by and stole the show, with fans paying more attention to him than the guest of honor. He even posted a photo of Bell looking down at the hoopla he caused, which was eventually deleted and is what Bell was just referring to.
Bell’s version suggests that The Biebs tried to get in and was turned away, and that had Bell known this, he’d have gotten Biebs in.
What a mess.