July 4th Fireworks Shows In and Near Bangor
Subscribe to WBZN Old Town Maine on
Bangor’s Fourth of July fireworks show draws thousands of people each year to the city. Here’s the rundown of what’s going on in Bangor and the surrounding areas on Tuesday, July 4, 2017.
- First, the day starts off with a pancake breakfast at the Brewer Auditorium. The breakfast runs from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Price: $6 for Adults and $3 for children.
- Then, it’s time for the annual parade, which will start on Wilson Street in Brewer at 11 a.m. and end in downtown Bangor.
- The Chords for the Cure concert starts at 2 p.m. at Darling’s Waterfront Pavilion featuring the Stone Doctors. There’s music until 9:30 p.m. Admission is free.
- Fireworks start at 9:30 p.m. on the Penobscot River.
If you find yourself closer to the coast, Bar Harbor also hosts a popular July 4 celebration featuring a craft fair, parade, lobster races, fireworks and more.
- The festivities start with a blueberry pancake breakfast at 6 a.m. at the Bar Harbor Athletic Field on Park Street.
- The parade starts at 10 a.m., followed by the seafood festival and the annual lobster races at 11 a.m.
- The Fireworks over Frenchman’s Bay are set to start at 9:15 p.m.