‘Healthy’ Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who doesn't LOVE Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies this time of year? My Mom makes THE BEST ones ever and I think I do a pretty darn good job too. The only problem? ALL THAT BUTTER! I searched around on-line for some "healthy" versions of my favorite cake-like fall cookie. I found a few recipes I liked and made my own based on what I had in the house!
- 1 Can Pumpkin
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- .5 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour (You can use White, I didn't have any on hand)
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon (You can also sneak in Nutmeg, Cloves, Etc)
- .5 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Skim Milk
- 1 Tbsp PURE Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil & egg. In a different bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt.
- Stir in baking soda & milk. Add your flour mixture to your pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla and chocolate chips
- Use a cookie scoop (or just a spoon) and drop onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
The end result? Not too bad. They aren't anywhere near as delicious as my usual recipe that calls for 2 sticks of butter! Oh well. At least I don't feel as guilty having one with my morning coffee.