Have You Ever Seen the Castle-like Maine Criminal Justice Academy? [PHOTOS]
In the small town of Vassalboro is this huge brick and stone structure where Maine's men in blue get their start.
Complete with tall towers and arched doorways this building really does look like a castle! It was opened in the 1800's as the Oak Grove Seminary. The school went through many changes in names but little change in function until 2001 when it was renovated into the Maine Criminal Justice Academy.
According to Maine.gov the site covers over 105-acres and has:
- A 19,000 square foot indoor Special Training Center
- An indoor running track
- A fully equipped weight / exercise room
- A lecture hall to seat 75 students
- 8 additional classrooms seating up to 70 students
- Extensive meeting space
- housing for up to 130 students
- on site dining facilities
Check out these photos from Instagram if you have never seen it before!
If you want to check it out it is on Oak Grove Rd near where the road meets RT 201. The Oak Grove Chapel is another beautiful structure nearby as well as a very old cemetery.