First-Ever Greater Bangor Beer Week Info
Here's everything you need to know so you can celebrate accordingly.
Cornhole tournaments, tap takeovers and more; all week long! It's the first-ever Greater Bangor Beer Week! Need more proof Bangor's brewing scene is exploding? We now have a full week celebrating the breweries that call the Bangor area home. Here's the rundown:
Sunday October 18
Square Tail Brewing Company, Amherst: From 2-6PM take on local brewers and beer industry pros in a Cornhole Tournament! $20 per team or $10 to play solo. All money will be donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Monday October 19
- Geaghan's Restaurant & Pub, Bangor: If you need an excuse to eat and drink beer at Geaghan's, here you go! At 6PM enjoy a beer dinner! The four course dinner features Geaghan's delicious food paired with one of their brews. Tickets can be purchased at the restaurant.
- Orono Brewing Company, Orono: From 4-9PM take a tour around the brewery.
- Nocturnem Draft Haus, Bangor: It's Local Flight Nite where you can sample all the local brewers 4 oz at a time.
Tuesday October 20
- Orono Brewing Company, Orono: LocALES Unite Tap Takeover! Sip brews from Marsh Island, Gneiss and Atlantic Brewing.
- Geaghan's Restaurant & Pub, Bangor: Sebago Brewing takes over the taps! If you like a good IPA try Frye's Leap. It's one of a faves. Sebago will also tap kegs of Runabout Red, Bonfire Rye and Local Harvest.
Wednesday October 21
- Blaze Restaurant, Bangor: Sip beers from Strong Brewing Company paired with a five-course dinner! The featured beers will be Soulpatch Porter, Localmotive, 5 Star Peach Ale, Blackstrap Marzen and The Maineiac Double IPA. Tickets are available at the restaurant or online.
- Bangor Wine and Cheese Company, Bangor: This is a fun and FREE tasting where you can learn about pairing beer with cheese and chocolate! Banded Horn Brewing Co, Gneiss Brewing, Friars' Brewhouse, Fuzzy Udder Creamery, Imagine Dairy, Savour Chocolatier, and Smith's Smokehouse will be showing off their delicious products.
- Geaghan Bros. Brewing, Brewer: From 7-8:30PM the brewery will open the new tasting room for Drinks & Dessert. Your $10 admission gets you 4-5oz beer samples, a cupcake from Simply Sweet Pastry Studio and VIP tour of the brewery. All proceeds benefit EMMC's Champion the Cure Challenge.
Thursday October 22
- Season's Restaurant, Bangor: Beer dinner featuring Geaghan's brewski's. Sadly this is already sold out.
- Orono Brewing Company, Orono: If you love IPA's DON'T MISS THIS! Orono Brewing will celebrate the release of two ramped up versions of their Ozone IPA and Lightning Tree IPA. Brace yourself for Heat Lightning DIPA and Ozone Double IPA!
- Blaze Restaurant, Bangor: Strong Brewing Company and Black Bear Brewing Company take over the taps! Sip some of your favorites from the two breweries and save room for a their super-rare collaboration brew called 'STRONG BEAR.'
- Nocturnem Draft Haus, Bangor: Local Tap Takeover at Nocturnem! Yes sip beers from Marsh Island, Blank Canvas, Orono Brewing Company, Geaghan's, Bigelow, Oak Pond, Square Tail and more.
Friday October 23
- Nocturnem Draft Haus, Bangor: Another fun tasting and a little challenge for the brewers. Orono Brewing will brew my favorite Geaghan's IPA Capt Kool at their brewery, while Geaghan's will brew up Lightning Tree IPA at theirs. How will they turn out? That's the fun part!
- Blaze Restaurant, Bangor: Bissell Bros. Brewing takes over the taps! All of their fine beers will be available and they will release their new SWISH Double IPA!
- Take a Ride on the Growler Bus: The bus will take you to Geaghan Bros. Brewing, Orono Brewing and Black Bear Brewery. At Black Bear Brewery, Square Tail Brewing takes over the taps with special beers for the tour.
Saturday October 24
- Blaze Restaurant, Bangor: Pints and Pizza! A $35 ticket scores you a commemorative glass, live music from the Mallet Brothers Band, one 12-inch wood fired pizza and ten 5 oz. pours of each beer being served for the event. It will also include $5 pours at Blaze for the rest of the event. Breweries include Boothbay Craft Brewing, Black Bear Brewing Co., Strong Brewing Co., Monhegan Brewing Co., Bissell Brothers Brewing Co., Barreled Souls Brewing Co., Foundation Brewing Co., Tributary Brewing Co., Banded Horn Brewing Co., Allagash Brewing Co. and Gneiss Brewing Co.
- Nocturnem Draft Haus, Bangor: After a week of beer there will be some kegs to kill off. The bar staff a Nocturnem will be discounting lots of beer to cut down the inventory. Do your part in leaving no beer un-drank! Do it for America.
- Square Tail Brewing Company, Amherst: Its the first ever 'My Pumpkin is Bigger than Your Pumpkin Festival.' The person with the biggest pumpkin based on gross weight will win a one year Mug Club Membership and their winning pumpkin will be used in Square Tail's pumpkin ale. Other prizes will be awarded for second and third place gourds. Check-in is noon-2PM.
- Penobscot Bay Brewery, Winterport: Yummy food and great beer awaits you with their Oktoberfeasting Beer Dinner. Seats must be reserved. Call 223-0990 for reservations.
Sunday October 25
- Geaghan's Restaurant & Pub, Bangor: It all wraps up at Geaghan's in Bangor! Theirs taps will feature as many participating breweries as possible. You can also meet with some of the brewers and breweries who participated in the Greater Bangor Beer Week.