How do I become a tenant?

If you are interested in renting one of Pine State Property Management's vacant units, the first step is for all applicants 18 or older who will occupy the unit to fill out a detailed application (which can be found by clicking here) and follow the steps outlined in the application. Pine State Property Management does have criteria based on income, credit, and previous rental history. Once your tenancy has been approved, you will be asked to remit a deposit to hold the unit, and all occupants 18 and older will be asked to sign a lease and remit money for rent and security deposit. No unit will be held until a non-refundable cash deposit is remitted. Please read the lease and any attached documents very carefully, because they are legally binding. If you violate the lease in any way, you may wind up losing the right to live in your apartment. Rent collections are strictly enforced, as are noise rules and pet policies. If you plan to get a pet, be sure you find out whether or not a pet will be allowed before signing the lease. If there is anything in the lease, House Rules, or in the unit itself, with which you may have issues, be sure to discuss this with your Property Supervisor before you move in.

Will Pine State Property Management refuse to rent to me if my ethnic background is different from others in the building?
Pine State Property Management strictly follows Fair Housing and does not discriminate based on racial or ethnic background, religious beliefs, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, age or other categories specified in Fair Housing regulations. We welcome your interest in any of our vacancies.

How do I pay the rent?

Unless we have set up other arrangements please mail a check or money order to Pine State Property Management PO Box 359 Bangor, ME 04402. Please make check or money order payable to Pine State Property Management.

How do I report a repair which needs to be done in my home?

You may fill out a work order form by clicking here, or if it is an emergency call 207-991-9800 and be connected to the Maintenance Department. Please contact Pine State Property Management rather than repairing a maintenance problem yourself, as, except for specific circumstances provided for by law, you will not be allowed to deduct costs of repair from your rent. If there is a problem which was caused by you or your guests, such as in inappropriate item flushed down the toilet, you will be charged for the repair.