Do Mosquitoes Love You? 10 Tips To Keep Those Little Suckers At Bay!
Don't you hate getting a mosquito bite in an annoying spot, like the bottom of your foot for example? THE WORST! The Bangor Daily News was kind enough to release a list of tips to keep those pests away. If you are "sweet meat" and the mosquitoes love you, this should come in handy.
- FIRE! Light citronella candles and torches in your back yard or patio.
- Keep your faucets working appropriately to prevent water from dripping and accumulating.
- Having really tight screens on your windows and porches. (seems obvious but definitely a big help)
- Make sure you change bird baths, fountains and wading pools every 2 days.
- Fix air conditioner leaks as quick as you can.
- Fill in puddles, ditches or any swampy areas of your yard.
- Grow mosquito repelling plants in your yard. Garden Design magazine recommends: citronella grass, catmint, basil, lavender and scented geraniums.
- Keep your rain gutters debris free.
- Mow your lawn regularly! (I know, bummer right?)
- Try mosquito controllers like ULV foggers and space sprays.
Keep these in mind this Summer and hopefully you will enjoy a skeeter free season! :)