Benefits of Massage During a Maine Winter [SPONSORED POST]
Whether you want to pamper your valentine or give yourself a couple hours of TLC, a relaxing massage is the ultimate way to enjoy a day of love for Valentine’s Day.
But more than that, massage can offer you and your loved one significant health benefits, especially during the cold winter months here in Maine. Heather Perkins LMT, owner of The Kneaded Touch in Bangor has put together her list of the top reasons why everyone should experience a massage this month, and every month during the year.
Here are 11 Benefits of Massage During a Maine Winter:
- Improves your circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Enhances your ability to fall asleep faster and improves digestion
- Allows you to maintain flexibility and range of motion in joints
- Relaxes muscle spasms and relieves tension and soreness from chronic pain, or activities such as shoveling, and lifting.
- Boosts your immune system
- Aids your recovery from pulled muscles or sprained ligaments
- Relieves certain repetitive motion injuries and can help prevent future injuries
- Brings awareness to your sense of well-being, releasing endorphins and enhancing your overall mood
- Detoxifies your body and hydrates your skin
- AND since getting to gym can be difficult during the Winter, studies have shown that “one hour of massage is equivalent to twenty minutes of exercise” …who knew!
A program of regular massage will put you in touch with your body, teaching you to monitor its signals and needs so you’ll know when you need to take a “time out” from the things that worry you.
When you keep up with your massage routine, you can avoid the damaging effects of chronic stress and gain some control over your sense of well-being. Don’t let the winter blues get you down…give yourself the cure of regular massage!