Bar Harbor/Route 3 Project Scheduled Work
The Maine Department of Transportation continues work on the Route 3 project this week, and here's what they're up to:
- The contractor will be installing water line services from Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road.
- The contractor will be removing the concrete walls near the Hulls Cove School House and working on installing water line.
- The utility companies will continue conducting telephone pole work from the Ferry Terminal towards Prospect Street, from West Street to Eagle Lake Road, and from Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road. Signal work will also be conducted at the Eagle Lake Road intersection.
- The contractor will be installing under-drain from Baymeath Road towards Sand Point Road.
- Installation for the signage for the first one way/alternate route will begin this week.
The Maine Department of Transportation continues road work from 0.57 miles west of Sand Point Road to the intersection of Route 3/Eden Street and Route 233 in Bar Harbor. The project was announced in the final quarter of 2016, and work will continue until the spring of 2019.