Augusta Drug Bust Nets Heroin, Crack, and Pills
Several people were arrested as the result of a drug bust in Augusta that netted heroin, crack cocaine, and Oxycontin.
Lieutenant Christopher Massey says police and drug agents executed a search warrant at 3 Crosby Street Place on Thursday afternoon. Seized in the raid were approximately 62 grams of crack cocaine, 62 grams of heroin, and 8 Oxycontin pills, along with $2,500 in cash. The street value of the heroin is estimated at $12,000.00, the crack cocaine street value is estimated at $6,100.00, and the Oxycontin pills were worth about $320.00.
Arrested as a result of this search warrant were:
- Todd Collins - age 30 from Augusta, charged with one count of Unlawful Possession of Heroin. His bail was set at $160.00 cash.
- Corey Vannah - age 17 from Augusta, charged with 7 counts of Aggravated Unlawful Possession of Heroin. His bail was set at $160.00 cash.
- Christine Taylor - age 28 of Augusta, charged with 3 counts of Aggravated Trafficking in Crack Cocaine and Heroin. Her bail was set at $10,000.00 cash.
- Mario Gordon - age 34 of New York City, charged with 2 counts of Aggravated Trafficking in Scheduled Drugs, Unlawful Possession of Scheduled Drugs (Heroin, Crack Cocaine, and Oxycontin), and Criminal Forfeiture. His bail was set at $50,000.00 cash.
- April Meserve - age 33 of Waterville, charged with Unlawful Possession of Heroin. Meserve was issued a summons and released from the scene.
In addition, a vehicle was stopped in connection to the warrant. The driver, Michelle Benevidez, age 35 of Augusta, was taken into custody on an arrest warrant for Failing to Pay Fines/Fees.